If you are missing teeth, it’s important to fill in the gaps in your mouth. Even if you are missing just one tooth, it can make a huge impact on the overall health of your mouth. When there is a gap in your mouth, your teeth may shift to fill in the gap. This can cause teeth to become misaligned, which can affect your chewing and the way you smile.
If you are missing multiple teeth, dentures may be a good choice. This restorative option serves as a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. You can get partial or complete dentures, depending on how many teeth you are missing. Read on to discover the many benefits of dentures and whether you should get them.
Signs You Might Need Dentures
Here are some signs you should consider dentures:
- You have gaps or loose teeth. If you have sudden gaps in your teeth, it may be because your teeth are loose or shifting. This often occurs later in life due to gum disease.
- You have red or swollen gums. These are signs of gum disease. Most adult tooth loss is caused by gum disease.
- You have chronic toothaches. Toothaches are often caused by decay. If caught early enough, a filling can help. Otherwise, severe decay often means extraction.
- You have multiple missing teeth. If you are missing teeth, this puts added pressure on the remaining teeth. This can cause teeth to wear down quickly, necessitating more extractions in the future.
- You have difficulty chewing. Missing teeth and alignment issues can make it harder to eat. Dentures can help fix this problem so you can enjoy mealtime again.
Benefits of Dentures
Dentures have many advantages. Here’s a look at some of them:
- They improve your smile. Missing teeth can make you feel self-conscious. Dentures can help you improve the look of your smile so you feel more confident.
- They can reduce future oral health issues. Missing teeth increase the risk of conditions such as gum disease. Dentures can keep your mouth healthier.
- They’re easy to maintain. You can easily rinse dentures after eating and keep them in cold water or a denture cleaner at night. Just avoid hot water, which can cause them to warp.
- There are no food restrictions. Dentures function like real teeth, so you can chew with ease and eat what you want. You don’t have to avoid your favorite foods.
- They keep you looking younger. Missing teeth can cause your face to sag. Dentures can help support your facial muscles, keeping you looking younger and healthier.
Contact Us Today
Dentures can be a great way to fill in the gaps in your teeth. You’ll look and feel better when you eat and smile.
Suncreek Dental Group can assess your mouth and help you understand your options for restoring your smile. Contact us today to schedule a consultation. Give us a call at (303) 933-2522.